Welcome to my guest – Shaen Layle! (that’s pronounced Shay-in)(in case you’re wondering)
Shaen Layle is a former librarian who writes inspirational cozy mysteries and contemporary romance. She runs the Inspy Fiction Reading Challenge Group on Facebook, and you can also find her online at www.shaenlayle.com.
Here is what Shaen has to say about her thoughts when she’s writing.
I’ve recently started writing cozy mysteries, and do you know what I love about them? Is it the quirky characters? The charming settings? The intriguing puzzle to be solved by book’s end?
A resounding yes to all of those, but I have to admit, the thing I love most about cozies is… wait for it… the food! Yep, you heard me right. Whether it’s because us writers take out our nervous creative energy in snacking while working or because food is the great equalizer, I’m not sure. I just know that after I’ve read a cozy, I feel like I’ve had a culinary feast for the senses.
A sample of the deliciousness in my upcoming Guideposts mystery (cowritten with suspense author, Nancy Mehl)…
- Tart lemonade
- Rosewater petits fours
- Cinnamon rolls and coffee
- Crème horns
- Sweet tea
- Boston salad with chopped almonds and lemon vinaigrette
- Bibb lettuce salad with tomatoes and bacon
- Blackened salmon
- Cheeseburgers and fries
- Omelets, fruit, fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Blueberry muffins and orange scones
- Garlic bread
- Crab Rangoon
- Sesame shrimp
- Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Teriyaki chicken
- Cinnamon sugar doughnut oozing red jelly
- Crab cakes with Remoulade sauce
- Plain scones with clotted cream and lemon curd
Are you hungry yet?